Friday, September 11, 2009

What a wonderful couple!



it was a beautiful morning for a walk in the botanical gardens in Penang. With my track suit and my camera, I was ready for whatever it took to make it a really good start to a new day. I strolled along the quiet, calming path beside a fairly, fast flowing river into the gardens.

Upon entering the botanical gardens, in an open space, I heard music coming from a disc player. A look towards that direction brought a smile to my lips and joy to my heart.

And so it happened that I had this opportunity to enjoy the wondrous sight of a truly delightful pair of free-spirits. It was a sight to behold and i thanked my lucky stars I had my camera ready to capture the unforgettable, perhaps never again encountered happening of a lifetime.

It lifted my own spirit just to witness it and I knew I just had to share this with my friends. There was this joy and loveliness on their faces that attracted me most. They danced to their hearts' delight regardless of the people in the surrounding, including this man recording the unforgetable moment of their lives. I believe they would readily share their happiness with everyone. What an admirable, beautiful couple!

Theirs is the way this writer would like to live life, to enjoy life to its fullest as long as we hurt no one. It's an art of living! After all, in everything we do, be it earning a living, building a home, love and marriage, having children; our goal is nothing more than happiness, without which all of them are tedious and not worth the doing.

So, for today, let us watch this wonderful couple's joy and, in so doing, absorb some of their joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment