Thursday, November 19, 2009

Overcoming obesity, the easy way.


I was once slightly plump. Then I started taking coconut oil as it was a good oil which brings health benefits. It has antioxidant properties. It is antibacterial and antiviral. As I have written in a previous post, it contains lauric acid which helps to prevent heart problems. As for the saturated oil in coconut oil, it is of a different length from saturated oil from animals. In fact, at room temperature, coconut oil does not harden like lard of animals.

After about two months of taking coconut oil, friends noticed that i was either slimmer or thinner. Some were in fact quite worried that I could be suffering from some kind of sickness. I believe it is the result of taking two to three tablespoons of coconut oil per day as my food consumption, the amount and types are almost always the same.

As it is a good nutritious oil, those who are obese ought to try it for two months and find out for themselves. Of course, it may be good to ask your family doctor for his/her opinion. It could be one of the easiest way to bring the weight down.

In fact, I am quite certain it is the effect of the coconut oil as when I stopped taking it for a month, my weight did increase a little.

According to my own experience, smoothies can also help us to reduce weight if we use fruits that are not so sweet as well as vegetables to make them.

Well, this is how I do it. In a blender, I put some washed clean vegetables and fruits with no sugar added. However, initially, for those who think it could be difficult to drink raw food or take on the taste of such stuff, a little honey could help. Another thing which can be done is to have a higher percentage of fruits in the smoothie. As we get used to the taste and the fibre or realise the benefits it brings, we can put in more vegetables.

Then I add some water to the fruits, vegetables and honey before I blend them for approximately one minute. You may add ice-cubes if you wish to have it cold. When it is ready, pour the smoothies into a cup or glass and enjoy it with the knowledge that you are drinking chlorophyll, a good number of nutrients and fibre for your good health.

Of course, reducing weight can never be as successful if we merely depend a certain type of food alone. We must be aware that plenty of simple carbohydrates can add calories and counter the effects brought by any effort to reduce weight. Just do not fight against your goal. An half an hour's brisk walking or some other enjoyable exercise will not only assist you towards your goal, it will bring many health benefits.

Well, knowledge not used cannot bring any benefits. So, do it and tell us the results in two month's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment