Thursday, November 05, 2009

Even the best laid plan can go wrong. Isn't that life?

There was that day I looked forward to an outing with a very special. beautiful friend. The night before I went to bed early and set my alarm for 5,45am. I woke up athe second the alarm went off, stretched happily and jumped out of bed. A good bath, breakfast and a quick change of clothes got me ready to move out. Then, all of a sudden, the sound of the torrent of water poured from the sky and dashed my hopes of meeting that special friend.

Today, I was planning to write about one person who would certainly be an inspiration for all of us. Unfortunately, since nine o'clock in the morning, the electricity in my area was cut off and there was no opportunity to write anything much till seven-thirty, after my dinner.

As we can see, things are sometimes beyond our control. It happens. Some are happy happenings while others can be sad.

There was a time when a girl friend and I were getting closer and closer. Then, some unforseen incident happened and that was the end of our beautiful relationship. That incident was really sad as she was such a wonderful person. I often wonder how that could have happened. Eventually, I had no alternative but to put it down as fate. It must have been our fate for the sudden change to take place.

So, I have accepted the fact that change can happen and we have to accept it. It is part of our life. We can plan. We can dream of a future but that dream may not meterialise due to circumstances beyond our reckoning. It just happens and before we could make any remedy, things have changed and will never be the same again.

Whatever it is, where there is life there is always hope, there is always a chance that things may happen to bring us our dreams. Therefore, life is always precious and we should live our present time to its fullest as that is the only way to ensure that the future will be even better, with dreams that may come and hopes that may arise.

Knowing that things can change, there is the element of chance and opportunity for what we may not think is possible. There is that sense of adventure into the unknown, a time for surprises and new experiences.

Thus, regardless of how plans may go haywire, regardless of the changes that may come, life is worth the living. And armed with the best health possible, I look forward to all possibilities. That is how we should live life.

No comments:

Post a Comment