Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Everybody is beautiful..

You like everything around you to look beautiful. So do I. We all do. That is for the mind. The mind is into logic. Of course, it has to look beautiful. How we look for a beautiful girl. We hope to have a handsome man. We search and buy only things we consider beautiful. We want all things beautiful.

Yet, when we eventually found someone, a relative or a close friend would whisper into our ears the imperfections of that someone. Yet, if we truly like a person, regardless of the imperfections that others see, we still like the person. Have you ever experienced that? Why? How is that so?

Or are you one of those who happen to get the perfect being? For me, all things are possible.

Through my own experiences, I have known people and friends I love despite the imperfections they do possess.

My own wife had a slight hunch when I got to know her. I used to massage her back and helped her to straighten so that it would not be a problem to her when she grew older. Despite her hunch which was due to the heavy things she had to carry when she was young, I liked and loved her very much. The beauty in her was more than just a beautiful face. It was an inner beauty that I saw. She had a heart of gold. She was everything I had such great appreciation for.

A friend I love thinks her face is too rounded. Yet, she has the loveliest smile one can ever find. Besides that smile, it is the person, that inner self that glows with goodness and tenderness.

There are so many friends, be they male or female, I love because of the many qualities they possess. They may have some physical imperfections but such things in no detract their attractiveness. It is the person himself or herself that I love.

People usually think of only the external beauty of the people around them. External beauty is never permanent. Just like a rose, after some time, it wilts. This artificial beauty, the perceived beauty of soft smooth complexion, fades but the inner beauty which we have come to appreciate remains and the person, external as well as internal, is just as attractive as ever. Perhaps, even more so.

I believe each and everyone of us have his/her own beauty, his or her own attractiveness. Each of us should sit down somewhere and discover oneself to known our goodness and love oneself more. In so doing, we bring out all that is good and find that others appreciate the goodness we have too.

So let us write down the beautiful qualities we possess and cultivate them; let them grow and enrich the world with them. In so doing, we enrich ourselves.

What a beautiful world it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment