Monday, July 19, 2010

We are too sympathethic, perhaps.

God gave us brains so that all of us have the chance to use brain cells to gather knowledge so assist us in becoming intelligent so that we can judge what is right and what is wrong as well as make the right decisions. Everyone of us use this intelligence to live life to the fullest. So life depends upon the use of that acquired intelligence. Most use intelligence for work and good causes but some abuse their intelligence to deprive others of their hard earned money.

As humans we are a humane race, generally. As a social person we care for our fellow humans. So when another human is in trouble we tend to see how we can be of help. But then there are those who uses this knowledge to their advantage for quick and easy financial profits.

In a world where there is order and banks are available worldwide, there are still people who would have one believe that a story of being robbed could be used to elicit sufficient sympathy for strangers to send sums of money to the person robbed.

If you were this guy who is robbed, would not the police direct you to your embassy for assistance after your police report. Well, that was what did happened, according the sender of the email. However, according to him his own country's embassy (Which embassy? His country of origin is not given. Obviously it is not given so that a check on the truth of the matter cannot be made. With emails, it would be so easy to make a check.)did not seem to be interested in his problems which ought not be the case. The least the embassy would do would be to contact his relatives or place of work so that his problem could be solved. In fact, once confirmed a citizen of that country his embassy would take steps to send him home. With confirmation that he is whom he claims to be, his embassy could possibly even help him take money out from his bank account.

From what I see of the email sent me, it is a ruse to get some money. I believe many would receive such emails and being aware of them can help to prevent painful deprivation of cash. So, do read the email sent to me:
********************************

MAY ALMIGHTY GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU HELP ME....
Hi, Hope you get this on time? I had a trip to United Kingdom yesterday for a medical program. I am presently in UK and I am having some difficulties here because I was robbed last night on my way to the hotel and unfortunately they took all my money, credit card and some of my valuable things, including my cell phone. I am confused now and I really need your help.The police only asked me to write a statement about the incident and directed me to the embassy, I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively.Please can you send me $1,900? I just need some money so I can make arrangement and return home, as soon as I get home I will pay you back. I will appreciate any amount you can afford to help me with. Please let me know if you can be of any help ASAP?I currently don't have a phone where I can be reached.I will be waiting for your reply please. Mr collins.
*********************************

Knowledge helps us make the right decision. Being aware can prevent unnecessary losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment