Wednesday, September 29, 2010

That's life!

This morning I was told that one of the trekkers of Semarak Hill has passed away. They said he had lungs problems with phlegm consistently being dispelled from the body by coughing and spitting.

I think he was about seventy years old and his condition was with him for quite some time before he succumbed to it. Well, time has caught up with him or it is time for him to return from where he came from. At least, his demise was expected and his family and friends were prepared for the time to come.

There were those who exit life unexpectedly, some too young and too tragic. There was this friend whose son phoned the father as he reached Ipoh where he was working. About half an hour later, the shocking sad news that he had been killed in a road accident reached the father's ears.

When we are told of such cases we think of life at least for a while. Life is so unpredictable and what is here this minute may be gone in the next. I have thought of this before, as a result of which I live my life to its fullest possible. Sometimes there just isn't anyway I could squeeze anything more out of it. However, more often than not, twenty-four hours just isn't enough. Almost everyday I have to remind myself that rest and sleep is just as important and essential to a full life.

Of course, though i live as if this day may be my last, I do not simply throw my life anyway but live with the expectancy of having another tomorrow. With that in mind I take care of my health and my finances so that should God say, "Sorry, man. You still have lots to do down there," i would not be left stranded on earth with no more cash or fitness to see me through for no matter how long life may take.

With this philosophy towards life, I have been happy and healthy in spirit, body and mind. Thank God for opening my eyes and mind towards all these.

No comments:

Post a Comment