Friday, December 03, 2010

I am the one to be blamed.

One day, I received an email that was certainly only for men’s eyes only as what was attached could be offensive to the opposite sex. Then, inadvertently, I forwarded it to some lady friends. In fact I did not realise that I had done so until a friend responded by informing me that a turned on vacuum hose on me could give myself the same feeling. It was then only that I knew that that email had been forwarded to some ladies. Of course, the damage had been done. There was nothing I could do about the mistake except make apologies to all concerned.

It was a most embarrassing thought for me. How could it have happened? I remembered wanting to forward an email concerning lead in lipstick to those ladies but…… I just do not understand how I could have done it. Nothing else could be done. The mistake is obviously mine. What could have all those ladies thought of me? I know my apologies might not be sufficient but it is just like spilt milk or drink. Nothing could be done.

Well, it has certainly taught me a lesson. In future, I will exercise more caution in forwarding emails, checking the contents carefully before sending them off. It is actually one email I would not forward to anybody. Yet, I did it. And the unfortunate part is that I did not even realise it had been forwarded. Even now, as I write about it, I wondered what could have happened to my mind and me to have it forwarded. And the worst part is not remembering having done it. Was it Alzheimer? No! I have no such problem. Not yet, anyway.

What is obvious is that it certainly is my mistake. The terrifying part is sending without realizing. How is that possible? Imagine! I even send it to my sister-in-law. What a thing to send her? What would she think? I just don’t know.
Well, what I do know is that I will be forwarding less email. I would need to double check to ensure everything is as I wish it to be. There must be no more such mistakes. Such mistakes leave me too much embarrassment as myself know, no matter how it came about, I am the one to be blamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment