Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Love and happiness is everywhere.

Last night I went to be with Sri Sri Ravi Shanker, more popularly known to his followers as 'Guruji'. It was a dinner at Bayview Beach Resort Garden in Batu Ferringi, Penang.

We reached the place at about six in the evening and although we were early, international course participants were already. We headed for the back of the hotel, past the swimming pool into the garden at the back of the hotel where tables and chairs had been placed near to three long tables of food. There was one table for the drinks and salads, another for an assortment of cooked vegetables with the third table supplying a variety of kueh, cakes, soup and stewed beans.

I searched for a drink first and had sugar cane water with 'chang-mau' which is a fragrant leaf. It is supposed to be some kind of alkaline water, I suppose. After a sip of the delightful drink, I took a little of each of the various types of food displayed at the three tables. The food was fine except that course participants told me they believe the kitchen sifu had already exhausted his talent as they took the same food for the four days they had been there.

It is at such functions where we have the opportunity to renew acquaintances, make new friends and catch up on old friends. It was smiles, laughter and joy the whole evening as we enjoyed the company of members of The Art of Living. We had satsang with Guruji in which we sang sanskrit songs.

Times of love and delight are always too short and soon we had a last look at Guruji before we headed for home. By the time I reached home it was about twelve-thirty at night. A new day has begun when I dropped my head to my pillow to prepare myself for another day of life. Even as I dropped off to sleep I was thinking of the next day's spiritual therapy lesson at Harvard Estate.

Well, life is what we make of it. Go out and enjoy and happiness can be ours. Refuse to seek for happiness and it becomes elusive, difficult to be seen and found even when it is there for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment