Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The splendour of the tropical forest at a mountain.

I spent the last day of the Chinese New Year, which is the fifteenth day, romancing mother nature. I took a walk to embrace her natural unspoilt beauty at Gunung Bintang in Kulim.

It was a pleasure I savoured as I wandered among her delightful greenery, her refreshing cool air and her soft textured earth. The trek was through undulating terrain filled with wonderful creatures. I went up her slopes, down into dark green tunnels and wade through several streams, stopping once at one of the fast flowing rivers to strip to my swimming trunk and dipped myself in to cool my body with its cold rejuvenating waters.

I had beautiful compactible company too as they love nature and its many splendours as much as I do. Together, we had a fantastic time immersed in nature's beauty.

The many splendours of the tropical forest on a mountain, some of which escaped the eye of my camera with their swift movements and flight, could better be appreciated through pictures. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, and it is true in this case. How else can I convey the majestic beauty that my eyes feasted on as I ventured deep into the forest towards the top of the mountain. Words would fail to tell what these pictures easily present.


Wow! Look at the foliage of those trees.

A beautiful moth comes alighting.

Glistening red berries. small yet so magnetic to our attention.

Delightfully red ginger flowers.

Look at those majestic trees. Nature in all its glory.

One of those rarely seen flowers.

And beautiful ground cover for the forest.

Flowers from cat-like buds.

However, from another angle, the buds look different.





A hanging flower.

Lovely black dragonfly among the ferns.

Another attractive plant on the forest floor. Truly, nature's allure is apparent from every angle.

What a scenic view!

There's erosion even in the mountains. Water power is indeed obvious.

The forest darkens and we prepare to descend. Failing which, we might have to sleep in the arms of mother nature, a prospect I look forward to another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment