Thursday, December 10, 2009

The opportunity to lead is always there.


A group photo of the 104 participants of this DSN in Sri Malaysia Hotel in Kepala Batas, Penang.


One of the groups: The wonderful people in my group with our two teachers in the background.


Here's the fantastic dance coach with the others cheering them on.

Available to us are many opportunities each and every day. It is up to use to be ready for them, to reach out and enjoy the opportunity that appears in front of us.

As such, at the Art of Living DSN Course, when given the opportunity to lead a group of wonderful people for three days, I accepted the chance with an enthusiastic ‘Yes!”. That was the opportunity which gave me three days of some of the greatest moments of my life.

The group members I had were beautiful individuals who were challenged in many ways, yet accepted and faced the challenges with gusto. One individual who stood out among the crowd was a beautiful lady named Jasmine. This lady was no less a leader than I was and it was great to have her to prompt others at times as we moved through the DSN process. She was great to have as a partner when we went to get more than ten people in a supermarket to laugh. With such a partner, I was encouraged and supported in my readiness to face whatever challenges and obstacles that might have come into our path. She was with me all the way. What a lady! Well, fantastic were the actions in the role I had to play that day as I clowned my way to elicit laughter from strangers. It was a role I enjoyed thoroughly as I allowed the youthfulness and delightful spirit of my soul to emerge and be given full reign. That day, in making others happy, we were some of the most happy people on earth.

This lady, Jasmine, was not merely great as a partner. She was ready to help and assist in many, many ways. So much like me, she was an adventurous soul with such an enormous appetite for life. She could dance well too. She helped certain participants to overcome their reluctance to perform and she taught them to dance. And so it was dance, dance and dance as others cheered them on. She showed us then the beautiful nature in her as well as her love and humanity for her fellow beings. Wow! She is one great fantastic lady. Look at the video above.

Of course, there were others who did lead but since I was not around to see their performance, I am unable to tell of their greatness and capability. Nevertheless, there are always opportunities and it is for us to be ready for them so as to be able to enjoy such opportunites as we come face to face with them.

Well, opportunities lost are not opportunities anymore. So, I believe you know what to do, which is to grab them as they come along. Life is one long adventure if we want it to be. It can also be a drag if we don’t.

It’s your choice, my friend. That's right. Your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment