Monday, December 07, 2009

Opportunities are always available.

Yesterday, I wrote on the DSN Course which brought so much potential for changes in the participants; changes that could only improve their lives.

As the course progressed, one of the values taught was similar to what I had written earlier on in this blog.

It brought back memories of my beautiful wife, of her beautiful ways and how i could have missed such a wonderful person had I then closed the door to such a possibility.

How is that so, you may wonder. Well, before my wife appeared on the scene, I was in love with a girl. She was another lovely woman. Her beautiful nature attracted me to her and I found her company most delightful. Unfortunately, it was a one-way track and she merely liked me very much.

Dissapointed, I was at the time. However, my then great teachers, Dale Carnegie, Napolean hill and Norman Vincent Peale had already taught me that when one door closes, another opens. And that has always been found to be true. The only thing is that even when faced with another door, we see not the opening that it presents. We are often blinded by what had happened earlier.

To overcome any tragic happening in our lives, we ought to understand what has gone can never return. We should only linger a very short while if we need to. We could help ourselves by drying our tears, look forward towards whatever could be in store for us and live the life we still have.

Similarly, even as I treasured the memories, I realised God must still have something for me and it did come in the appearance of my wife in my life.

We, my wife and I, had thirty wonderful years together and she was still holding my hand the night before she passed away in Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. We still had love and comfort during her seven month sickness as we went from the Sungai Petani hospital to Nam Wah Ee Hopital in Penang before flying to the University Kebangsaan Hospital in Cheras, Selangor. I had taken leave from work to be with her during those months.

The point is, I would not have had known her if I had closed my heart for her love to enter. From the very beginning she had cared for me in such a memorable way and that could not have been my joy and pleasure had I not lived according to the teachings of those three great teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment