Thursday, October 06, 2011

Exemplary Jack Lalane for a long healthy life.

To live a long healthy life, we must all look at exemplary Jack LaLane, who since the age of fifteen did everything that was healthy to perform physical feats few of us can ever dream of doing. Imagine the man swimming long distances in the sea, tied hands and feet, dragging a huge boat at the age of 62!

This is the man who, at the age of 54, beat 21 year-old body-builder,Arnold Schwarzenegger in an informal contest! Well, what can I say but that his feats are incredible. He could outdo any man half his age! Sorry, there's just no way anyone can change that anymore. Although his favourite joke was: "I hate dying; it would ruin my image", he had to go when the good Lord called. Finally, he had to call it a day despite being able to exercise to his very last, having stayed alive healthily for 96 years.

If only he had lived past hundred, it would have been great for that is what I aim to reach. But even if I do, there were many things he did I could never have done. That, I would have to admit. Nevertheless, he is a great one for anyone to look up to.

Oh, yes, there are certain things in his nutrition that are similar to mine. Like him, I consume lots of raw organic vegetables and that is a good thing for everyone. I'll tell about that in another posting. And I love eggs too. However, unlike him, I eat the yolk as well although many people would tell me it contains a lot of cholesterol. For that, I would tell them, our body needs cholesterol and if we exercise enough, the good cholesterol (HDL) will be more than the bad cholesterol (LDL)and that is important. Furthermore, it is the white with the yolk that makes eggs a whole food. And I totally agree with this great fit giant about processed food and junk food.

Well, I would encourage everyone to go into the net and look into his biography and read about the fantastic performances of this great fitness guru. There is already so much written about him that I feel this is sufficient motivation to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment