Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sweating for health.

When I was young and desired greatly the company of beautiful girls, sweating was my worst problem as there just wasn't any way I could overcome it. So I faced it by remaining in the coolest places available and cooling down every now and then to remain dry.

Then I got married and my beloved wife accepted this wet guy with so much love that I forgot about the sweat and enjoyed ourselves. Sweating just became a part of me and was accepted. I just had to bathe and change clothes often besides using up lots of handkerchiefs. I also realised that my friends also accepted this hot sweating person as I was and am.

Looking back, I believe one of the reasons I have remained as healthy as I am is my ability to lose litres of water every day. In removing that amount of water, so much more toxic substances from the body is also expelled. And I think it is the largest 'removal organisation' in our body. Well, the skin has the largest surface to perform such a task. The more we sweat, the more we drink. And the more we drink, we either sweat more or create more urine. And the urinary tract with the help of the kidneys is another disposal unit we surely need to rid our body of those undesirable toxic substances.

Ah, before I go on, the man who drank too much water came to mind. There was this man who had kidney stones and went through an operation to remove the stones. The doctor advised him to henceforth drink more water. So, wherever he went he carried his bottles of water and, like the good patient he was, drank the litres of water throughout the day. He drank too much, urinated too much and landed in hospital. According to the doctor he was lucky to survive as too much essential minerals, especially potassium, have leached out in his urine. Without potassium, his heart could have stopped beating and that would mean the end of him. So, be careful! Drink enough water but not too much. Too much of a good thing can be, well, too much.

So those we sweat too much like me should include some dehydration salts in their water. However, I have read that sports drinks, those isotonic drinks may not be the best drink for us. What is suggested is sea salt or Himalayan salt. (I have been trying Himalayan salt but to this day I have yet to know how genuine are the Himalayan salts I have bought. I take it but cautiously. I am still reading up on it and hoping to find a brand in Malaysia which provides genuine Himalayan salt.) Sea salt and Himalayan salt are the natural salts found in the sea or in the Himalayans and are not processed like our white table salt.

Thus far, sweating has helped my body remove most of the dissolved toxic substances and through this I have remained healthy. Thank god for that. Of course, sweating is not the only way and so I will be returning to this removal of toxins in a future posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment