Sunday, May 03, 2009

To share a beautiful story.

Today, I read a story which touched my heart for the second time. The first time was when a wonderful lovely lady told me about it. Although there were a few differences, the story was very similar.

Because such a story is good for our heart and our soul, I wish to share this with all of you. I believe you will be just as touched as I am. Perhaps you can share the story with your friends.

“Ai Wei, somebody told me this story and I immediately thought of you,” she began. That first statement made my day.
“It’s about this gentleman who was in a hurry to get a taxi. Another lady was waiting for a taxi too. Seeing how anxious he was to get a taxi, she asked him where he was going. Was he late for an important appointment? The man said no, that he wanted to go to a nursing home to see his wife.

The lady then asked about his wife, about her health. She was told that the man’s wife had been there for some years.

The lady thought the man must be worried that the wife would be upset if he were a bit late. She voiced her thought and the man sadly told her that his wife suffered from Alzheimer’s Disease, that the wife could no longer recognize who he was for many years.

The lady was surprised and asked, ‘And you still go every morning, even though she no longer knows who you are?’

The man smiled as he replied, ‘She doesn’t know me but I still love her.’
The lady was so touched that she had to hold back her tears and thought, ‘That is the kind of love I want in my life.’ ”

Is the story inspiring? Touching? Any stories to share?
Well, true love is neither physical nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, no matter what! Maybe I am a romantic but true love is forever. What do you think?

I believe the man lived on, his life still precious and meaningful because he had this wife to love. Thus, it is not strange that this man looks forward to each morning to see his love again.

Therefore, care for your partner well and nurture the love you have for time is too short to waste the love between the two of you. Love earnestly for we know not what tomorrow may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment