Saturday, May 14, 2011

After the heat came the rain.

A few days ago, friends were complaining about the heat that caused their clothes to be drenched with sweat. My reply to them was how detoxifying that was for them. (Please read the previous posting about the skin as the largest detoxification organ of our body.)

And as though in answer to our prayers, the rain came, heavy and sufficient to drench our clothes once again. Perhaps God has this message that some people do not bath enough. Well, I must admit it is sometimes true of me. Hiking up the hill the whole day cleansed only by the water at the waterfall or fast flowing river. Well, that's a free refreshing bath which is any time better than our home shower and not need to worry about soap getting into my eyes. So natural, so refreshing, so cooling and calming; it lifts my soul.

Yes, it did rain the next few days but then there seems to be no end to complains. Now, some of them are complaining about the wetness and the mud as we move along those virgin paths. Never mind! Let them be for no matter how they complain they would go on enjoying nature's thrills.

Of course, it would rain after the heat. For with great heat, more water is evaporated. The vapour rises and soon form clouds. The clouds become too thick and dark and heavy, soon clash with another cloud, or something else and is cooled up there; just as the air around your glass of cold iced drink turns to liquid and flows down the outer sides of your glass. Then, it comes down as rain.

Once upon a time I played in the rain, running out of the house even before the first drop fell. Then, during the time of my kids, I allowed my kids to play in the only after ten or fifteen minutes of downpour to make sure they are not getting acid rain. Even then I was not sure. My intention of getting my children to play in the rain was to get them immune to rain and the cold. It worked as they hardly catch cold, not even when they are caught in the rain. Sometimes my elder kid even go around in the rain if it is not too heavy.

So, I have enjoyed both the heat and the rain. Both are good and essential to our lives. So, let's enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment