Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spend time with our children.

This morning, I noted how a little girl was so close to her father that she loved to have his protective arms around her wherever they went. That father must have spent a lot of time with his daughter, playing with her and looking after her most of the time, whenever he was not working. That was soon confirmed as I know the father.

This brought back memories of my time with my children and nephew when they were young. Except for the time I had to be away at work, my wife and I spent our time with our children, talking to them, listening to whatever they were capable of expressing, playing with their toys, taking part in their joy and having the fun of our lives. Then, as they grew bigger and stronger, we ventured afield, first to the nearby fields and hills, then on outings to places of interest, letting our children experience new things, feelings, knowledge and discovering new understanding. Using the people and things we see on the way or at the places we went, we explained how the various people came to be what they were, that our actions have consequences and the final result of the situation people are in are caused by their very actions or inactions. Thgus, in this manner, we use the world of people, animals and things to educate our children.

In fact, looking back I found my precious time with my children too short. Time passes so fast. So, to parents who still have young children with them, do not waste what you may not have any more one day. Enjoy every precious second that you have with your children, for very soon they will be children no more.

Well, as a result of our spending time with our children, they are today very close with me. As they have reached adulthood, they are now more friend than children and we could discuss many things, improving further our relationship in the family. I am a proud and happy father because God gave me the opportunity to realise such importance early in life. I can never thank God enough for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment