Sunday, August 21, 2011

They are some of the most wonderful people on earth.

Yesterday, as I was trekking up the hill at Semarak, I saw this friend, Ah Fook, struggling down the hill with a big dog in his arms. Ah Fook was at most times suffering from pain in his joints due to gout. Nevertheless, there he was, his body bent sideways to support the dog which was hurt in its belly and one of its legs.

Seeing him almost unable to carry on any further with his task, I quickly offered him my help to take over his task. Even though I was stronger, I still found the dog sufficiently heavy to wish to reach the bottom of the hill as quickly as possible with it in my arms, as my arms were feeling the strain of its weight.

When we reached the foot of the hill, Ah Fook was just behind me, anxious more for the dog than for his painful joints. I put the dog, which was unable to walk, under a tree. It was too early to get the right type of medicine for it. So we had to leave it there with Ah Fook insisting on coming back later with the medicine for the dog.

The dog was fortunate to have a friend in Ah Fook as, with his help, the dog was certainly much better this morning. Ah Fook brought along food as well as the medicine for the dog and it surely was hungry for it quickly gobbled up every little piece of food that was brought. Ah Fook is obviously one of those beautiful people who not only love his fellow humans but also the animals that could be tamed. I believe he could even love a tiger if the tiger had allowed him to go close enough.

Ah Fook is not the only person I know of who cares for all living things. Yeoh, a small beautiful lady, has just as big and great a heart as the best of all the wonderful people I know. Once she heard about a couple who had to move elsewhere to work, leaving two dogs in their house unattended. Yeoh immediately offered to help, driving out of her way to feed the dogs using her own money and wash the area the dogs had to stay. After many months, when she got a place of her own; she was staying with her sister before this; she asked the couple for permission to take those two dogs home so that she could care for them. What a gal!

Not only that! Once a friend's cat was sick. No, it was actually not this friend's cat. This friend, Teoh, saw a poor cat knocked down by a car. It laid on the ground attempting without success to move. Teoh went out of his car to see what he could do for the cat. He found it with a hurt leg, quickly took it into his car and drove home. Uncertain as to what to do, he phoned Yeoh and Yeoh phoned me to ask my son to look at the cat to see what was wrong with it. So, it was that they came to my place at about eleven that morning. No bones seem to be broken, just pain and trauma, so the four of us took it to a shop which sells medicine for animals and then took it along for our lunch as by then it was well past one o'clock.

Well, a cat took up so much of Teoh's and Yeoh's time although it was the first time they have ever laid eyes on it. Would every human do the same for any animal? Well, not every human. That is why I consider such friends extraordinary. I believe God will always look after such wonderful people. If only the world is populated by such wonderful humans, what a beautiful world this would be. God would be so proud of us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment